It is common that the dish rack is dirty. We just wipe it with a cloth and let it be. We’ll show you how to clean dish rack with baking soda.
A dish rack is a useful tool for washing your dishes, especially if you don’t have a sink or dishwasher in your home.
You can use a dish rack to wash small items like cups, plates, and glasses. Dish racks are also used to store your dishes after they’ve been washed.
Dish Rack is perfect for people who like to wash their plates by hand, but don’t have enough space in their kitchen to use a full-size dishwasher.
This product is also great for people who live in apartments or condos and don’t have access to a full-size dishwasher.
Are you looking for a way to clean your dish rack? Baking soda has many uses in the home. It is a great all-rounder cleaning agent.
Today, we will look at how to clean dish rack with baking soda.
- Why should you use baking soda to clean a dish rack?
- How to clean dish rack with baking soda
- 1. Remove your dishrack from the sink and place it in a large enough area.
- 2. Pre-clean the dish rack first to remove any food particles that have been left behind.
- 3. Prepare a solution of baking soda and water.
- 4. Put the mixture in the spray bottle
- 5. Spray the mixture on the whole dish rack
- 6. Scrub the dish rack thoroughly with a sponge or nylon scrubber.
- 7. Rinse and dry your newly cleaned dish rack!
- How to prevent dish rack from rusting
Why should you use baking soda to clean a dish rack?
1. It is a mild abrasive cleaner
Baking soda is a great mild abrasive cleaning agent.
You can use baking soda to clean your dish rack because it has the ability to cut through grease and grime on the surface of your dishes. This means that you don’t need to use any harsh chemicals or strong detergents when cleaning your dishes.
You can use it to clean your dish rack really clean without worrying about leaving scratches or damaging the surface.
2. It is a non-toxic material
If you want to use an environmentally friendly cleaning product to clean your dish rack, you should use baking soda.
Baking soda is made from a natural mineral called sodium bicarbonate, which means that it’s a safe and gentle cleaning product you can use in your home.
This means that you don’t have to worry about exposing yourself or your family members to harmful chemicals.
It is also great to neutralize urine smell in bathroom.
3. It is cheap
Baking soda is a great alternative to expensive dishwasher detergent. It’s cheap and easy to use. You can also find it almost in any supermarket or local store.
How to clean dish rack with baking soda
1. Remove your dishrack from the sink and place it in a large enough area.
Remove your dishrack from the sink and place it in a large enough area. You may also need to take off the parts to make cleaning easier.
It is as simple as removing a couple of knobs or loosening screws that hold the racks in place. Make sure to place the parts in a spot where they won’t roll away.
This will make cleaning and drying your dishrack much easier, as well as allow you to easily access all components of the rack.
2. Pre-clean the dish rack first to remove any food particles that have been left behind.
Before cleaning the dish rack with baking soda, it’s important to remove any food particles that have been left behind. You can use a sponge, old toothbrush, or nylon scrubber to do this.
Rub all sides of the rack in different directions to loosen any food particles that might be stuck.
When you’re done pre-cleaning, rinse thoroughly with warm water and then dry it off completely with a clean towel or microfiber cloth until no moisture remains on its surface.
3. Prepare a solution of baking soda and water.
To make your dish rack clean, you need to mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 400 ml of water in a bowl. Mix them well so that the baking soda is mixed evenly.
4. Put the mixture in the spray bottle
Put 200 ml of the mixture into the spray bottle to make it easier to use.
Also, leave the rest in a bowl. You are gonna need it to clean the dish rack.
5. Spray the mixture on the whole dish rack
Now that you have mixed the baking soda and water, it’s time to use them on your dish rack.
To do this, you need to spray the mixture into a spray bottle. Spread it to cover the entire surface of your dish rack and wait for 1 minute.
6. Scrub the dish rack thoroughly with a sponge or nylon scrubber.
Damp your sponge or nylon scrubber into a bowl containing the baking soda solution.
Then, scrub it to remove any stuck-on food particles or stains on the dish rack.
Scrubbing motion should be gentle but firm enough that you don’t damage your dishrack’s finish or surface area.
7. Rinse and dry your newly cleaned dish rack!
Rinse the dish rack with clean water gently. Make sure to wash the whole part including the edge area.
Then, dry the dish rack with a clean rag or towel.
It is best to wipe any wet or residue with a microfiber cloth. The soft and absorbing material will make the drying process quicker.
If your dish rack has a drying pad, use it to absorb any remaining wet.
Last, put it back in its original place.
How to prevent dish rack from rusting
1. Always dry it
After washing your dishes and letting the water run off, make sure that you completely dry your dish rack. If you don’t, water will accumulate in the grooves and along the sides, creating a breeding ground for rust.
Wiping it with a microfiber cloth will make dish rack last longer!
2. Put it in a well-ventilated area
Another tip to prevent the dish rack from rusting is by putting it in a well-ventilated area.
As the air circulates, it will ensure that moisture doesn’t build up and cause rust.
If you put the dish rack in a storage room that doesn’t get much air circulation, moisture will build up on all of the items stored there and eventually cause them to rust.
3. Clean it regularly
If you want to maintain your dish rack and prevent it from rusting, cleaning it regularly is a necessity.
Just because you don’t see the buildup of grime and rust on your dish rack doesn’t mean it’s not there. Over time, dust can accumulate and cause the entire rack to deteriorate.
The key is to wipe down your dish rack at least once a week. This prevents any buildup from getting too bad.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn how to clean your dish rack with baking soda. It’s a simple process that is easy on the wallet and the environment.
- Remove your dishrack from the sink and place it in a large enough area.
- Pre-clean the dish rack first to remove any food particles that have been left behind.
- Prepare a solution of baking soda and water.
- Put the mixture in the spray bottle
- Spray the mixture on the whole dish rack
- Scrub the dish rack thoroughly with a sponge or nylon scrubber.
- Rinse and dry your newly cleaned dish rack!
If you spill the baking soda, read this to remove baking soda residue to from wood floor.