Having the dirty hair brushes is annoying. You need to do something to make it hygiene. Keep reading to know how to clean hair brushes with vinegar.
Hair brushes are a great way to style your hair. They can be made from a variety of materials, including wood and metal, and come in a range of sizes and shapes.
The more often you use it, the dirtier your hairbrush will become. Any kind of dirt such as oil, dandruff, and shampoo residue will accumulate over time.
By looking into your messy hair brushes, you know this is the right time to clean them.
However, people might think that cleaning hair brushes is a daunting task.
Actually, not. You can disinfect them with vinegar which may be in your kitchen right now.
I’ll show you how to clean hair brushes with vinegar properly!
- Why should you clean your hair brushes?
- Why should you use vinegar to clean hair brushes?
- How to clean hair brushes with vinegar
Why should you clean your hair brushes?
There are some reasons why you should clean your hairbrush:
1) You need to remove dirt and oil from the brush as they can easily damage the bristles of the brush. When you don’t clean your brush regularly, it affects both its appearance and performance.
2) The dirt and oil will cause breakage in the long run which means that you won’t be able to use it for a long time.
3) If there is too much debris on the bristles of your brush, then it might scratch up your scalp or even cause rashes on it!
Why should you use vinegar to clean hair brushes?
1. It kills bacteria, mold, and mildew
Vinegar is a natural cleaning agent which can kill bacteria, mold, and mildew.
The acidity in the vinegar will disinfect any germ on the surface. Also, it has anti-fungal properties to remove and prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
It also helps to remove any debris that might be in the brush.
You can also use vinegar to clean your car headlights!
2. It removes product buildup
Hair brushes can get grimy over time, especially if you have long hair or live in a humid environment. This is because they collect dirt and dust as well as the skin cells that slough off our scalps every day.
When you put hair products on your hair, it can leave a residue that builds up in your brushes.
You can use vinegar to clean the product buildup on the hair brushes.
The acidic properties of vinegar can dissolve oils and stains on the bristles, making them easier to clean.
3. It is affordable
You might need to use vinegar to clean hair brushes because it is affordable.
It’s also a great alternative to cleaning supplies that you can buy at the grocery store. Vinegar is an all-natural product, so it won’t harm your hair brushes.
How to clean hair brushes with vinegar
1. Prepare the vinegar, warm water, an old toothbrush, and a container
To clean the hair brushes with vinegar, prepare the following materials:
- 500 ml of warm water
- 100 ml of vinegar
- an old toothbrush
- a toothpick
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda (optional)
- a container
2. Remove the sticky hair on the brush
The first step to clean the hair brushes is to remove all the hair attached to them.
You can also use a comb to clean it. This will make the cleaning process easier.
3. Create the vinegar solution
Pour warm water and vinegar with the same ratio into a container. After that, you can add 1 tbsp of baking soda to the solution if you have it.
4. Soak the hair brushes for 30 minutes
Soak the hair brushes completely in the mixture for 30 minutes. You can also swish them around and flip the comb every 10 minutes to make sure all sides are completely submerged.
Make sure to submerge the whole bristle and part of them. Dirt and oil will soften and even float on the liquid.
This process will loosen any dirt, oil, or dust on the hair brushes.
5. Scrub them with an old toothbrush.
After 30 minutes, take the hair brushes out and scrub them with an old toothbrush.
Clean the area between the teeth gently.
6. Rinse them under running water
Rinse the hair brushes under running water to clean any residue. The flowing water will get rid of any leftovers on the surface.
7. Wipe it with a clean cloth
Use a clean cloth to dry the hairbrushes. Wipe the area between the teeth and the bristle.
Wait for the hair brushes until dry before using them again.
How often you should clean your hair brushes?
If you use hair brushes every day, it is a good idea to clean them once a week. If you use them less frequently, once every three months may be enough.
How do you deep clean the hair brushes?
Pour warm water and vinegar into a container, then add a bit of shampoo. Soak the hair brushes for 30 minutes and scrub them with an old toothbrush. Then, rinse under running water.
Having a clean hair brush is a must. To keep them clean, you need to clean them regularly.
If you don’t have the right kind of solution, cleaning hairbrushes can be a challenge.
Allow me to summarize 7 steps on how to clean hair brushes with vinegar.
- Prepare the vinegar, warm water, an old toothbrush, and a container
- Remove the sticky hair on the brush
- Create the vinegar solution
- Soak the hair brushes for 30 minutes
- Scrub them with an old toothbrush.
- Rinse under running water
- Wipe it with a clean cloth