How to store dragon fruit? Which type of containers should you use? Where to store your dragon fruit to maintain good quality? Keep reading this article!
In recent years, dragon fruit has grown in popularity over the years. A perfect gift for any traveler, dragon fruit tastes delicious and is now available to everyone.
Dragon fruit is a delicious and healthy fruit that’s unique from the other fruits. It’s also one of the few fruits that have a dragon-like face, and they’re both equally easy to pick with either your hands or a utensil.
Are you wondering how to store dragon fruit? On this page, you’ll learn about storing dragon fruit like a pro so that your dragon fruit will last as long as possible…even up to several weeks!
- What is dragon fruit?
- The benefit of eating dragon fruit
- How to Store Dragon Fruit
- 1. When buying dragon fruit, choose and buy fruit that is still fresh
- 2. Do not wash dragon fruit before storing it
- 3. Store dragon fruit at room temperature
- 4. Store dragon fruit in a closed container
- 5. Store the dragon fruit that has been put in a closed container a cool, dry place, with enough ventilation
- 6. If you want to store dragon fruit for a long time, store it in the refrigerator
- 8. If you have already cut the dragon fruit, store it in the freezer with a closed container
- You have to read this!
What is dragon fruit?
Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit that looks somewhat like pineapple but tastes similar to a banana. Yes, it looks like a dragon.
This fruit, which is a member of the cashew family, has a vibrant pink or purple color when young. It looks a lot like a small apricot. Later on, it darkens to a ripe shade of crimson red or purple.
Dragon fruit is a rare and intriguing fruit that has only become popular in recent years, having only been grown for just over a hundred years. Dragon fruit is a unique fruit and can be found in most zoos and botanical gardens.
It is wonderfully sweet, with enticing pineapple notes combined with a banana-like flavor – providing not one but two kinds of fruity flavor combined with each bite. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll never look at the color purple in the same way again.
This fruit has recently gained more popularity in Western countries due to its high antioxidant activity and works best as part of a diet that’s full of colorful vegetables.
The benefit of eating dragon fruit
The Dragon Fruit is a delicious fruit that has many health benefits.
1. Dragon fruit is full of iron
Iron is an essential mineral needed for creating red blood cells which carry oxygen around your body.
The dragon fruit is a good source of iron which aids the production of red blood cells. It supports brain and nerve function (especially for those with anemia) and helps to strengthen nails, hair, and skin.
2. Dragon fruit contains a lot of vitamin C
Dragon fruit contains a lot of vitamin C, which can be important for your health. Vitamin C helps the body to fight off infections and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The high amount of vitamin C in dragon fruit has also been linked to a reduction in the occurrence of tumors.
3. Dragon fruit helps maintain heart health
Dragon fruit is a great food source that can lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It’s also an excellent source of unsaturated fat, which can help keep your heart healthy.
4. Dragon fruit helps maintain sugar levels
The dragon fruit provides all the natural sugars your body needs, so it’s possible for you to still lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
On average, dragon fruits contains on average more than four grams of natural sugar, so people who are on a diet should eat dragon fruit instead of other foods that contain higher amounts of sugar.
5. Dragon fruit can prevent acne
Dragon fruit is one of the few natural remedies for the skin. There are claims that this fruit has anti-inflammatory, collagen production, and detoxification properties.
In addition, it’s supposed to help prevent acne, aging, and wrinkles. The effects are due to its high beta-carotene content and its polysaccharides (or dietary fiber).
It’s also high in antioxidants that are good for the ski
6. Dragon fruit is healthy for digestion
Dragon fruit, a great source of vitamins and nutrients, is also good for digestion and a good source of energy for the body.
It can help you rebuild your stomach if you’re suffering from acid reflux or it can help with stomach problems like ulcers and indigestion. Dragon fruit is also high in fiber, which helps to keep digestive processes steady.
7. Dragon fruit strengthens the body’s immunity
Dragon fruit helps battle illnesses and diseases like the common flu, the common cold, and even cancer. The stronger your immune system is, the more likely you can fight off any disease attacking your body.
Eating dragon fruit is good for the body. It is really good to boost the immunity of the cell. The fruit also helps the body fight free radicals and increases energy levels.
8. Dragon fruit helps maintain cholesterol
Dragon fruit can prevent your body from producing too much cholesterol, which is helpful for maintaining your heart health.
This fruit is rich in antioxidants, which will help maintain healthy cholesterol levels in accordance with what has been proved in scientific research.
How to Store Dragon Fruit
1. When buying dragon fruit, choose and buy fruit that is still fresh
When buying dragon fruit, make sure to buy fresh fruit. This will ensure that the fruit has not been shipped from a distance and does not have the skin dried out. The fruit should also look fresh and shiny.
Buy fresh dragon fruit from a trusted local supplier. Buying directly from a farmer is always a safer option than buying online or in an irregular store. Fresh fruit is also fresher than when you are buying it from a regular grocery store.
2. Do not wash dragon fruit before storing it
If you want to store dragon fruit, you don’t need to wash the dragon fruit before storing it. Washing dragon fruit will result in a higher moisture content, which will cause the fruit to rot sooner.
The fruit’s texture will become softer, and its flavor will deteriorate more rapidly.If you store your dragon fruit in wet or damp conditions, the flesh will be easily damaged. Storing dragon fruit in a dry place keeps the fruit fresh for longer.
3. Store dragon fruit at room temperature
Keep the dragon fruit and make sure the temperature is normal for a room in order to save it for a longer period of time.
Changing the temperature of dragon fruit makes it lose more acid content, which means that the fruit turns mushy faster once it starts to rot, so the flesh absorbs less bitter tannins.
Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit with a firm texture and sweet, tangy flavor. It has creamy white flesh that turns black when ripe.
4. Store dragon fruit in a closed container
Do not forget to store dragon fruit which is sealed closely. This container is designed to keep the dragon fruit fresh. It prevents the skin from turning black and keeps the fruit from drying out.
This method of dragon fruit storage can make storage last up to about 2-5 days.
5. Store the dragon fruit that has been put in a closed container a cool, dry place, with enough ventilation
It is important to store dragon fruit in a cool and dry place, but also make sure there’s enough ventilation so the fruit won’t rot.
Storing in an area with good ventilation and a moderate temperature (not too warm, not too cold) is good to keep the quality of dragon fruit.
6. If you want to store dragon fruit for a long time, store it in the refrigerator
A refrigerator is a good place for food that is perishable to keep your food fresh.If you want the dragon fruit to last longer, put it in the refrigerator.
Be sure to first place it in a sealed container or bag. This will make sure the dragon fruit will last 10-14 days or more in the refrigerator.
7. Separate from other food ingredients that can cause the smell to mix.
Even if you have stored dragon fruit in a closed container, keep this storage separate from foods that have a strong odor.
This is important to keep the dragon fruit from being contaminated and quickly rotting due to the smell of other foods.
8. If you have already cut the dragon fruit, store it in the freezer with a closed container
If you cut the dragon fruit too early, the half-crushed dragon fruit will go bad quickly. If you want to keep it fresh for a while, and possibly make it into a smoothie, store it in the freezer.
Once frozen, you should be able to leave it in your freezer for up to 1 month at most, because as long as it’s frozen, it should stay fresh.
If you want to find a way how to store dragon fruit, let me tell you the shortcut:
- When buying dragon fruit, choose and buy fruit that is still fresh
- Do not wash dragon fruit before storing it
- Store dragon fruit at room temperature
- Store dragon fruit in a closed container
- Store the dragon fruit that has been put in a closed container a cool, dry place, with enough ventilation
- If you want to store dragon fruit for a long time, store it in the refrigerator
- Separate from other food ingredients that can cause the smell to mix
- If you have already cut the dragon fruit, store it in the freezer with a closed container
Dragon fruit is a good choice as a front yard vegetable garden. Try it out and feel the difference!